SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just picked up a 2005 Aero convertible with low miles. It has 17" rims and I am trying to find front ceramic brake pads. I thought this would be easy, but it isn't.
I have tried NAPA, O'Reily and they don't have them, or else the ones they have dont fit. I purchased some on the internet and they didn't fit either even though they said they would.
Most of the ones I have found have metal clips on the back of the pads for both of the inside and outside pads. I pulled mine off and I only have clips on the piston side pads of the caliper.
I even called the local dealer and they couldn't find the pads and they wanted my VIN number.
Can anyone give me any aftermarket ceramic brake pad part number?
Any help would be appreciated.
Karl
:D

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Try the following sites, akebono makes a good set (i have them installed on my rears):
FCPeuro.com
tirerack.com
genuinesaab.com

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Try the following sites, akebono makes a good set (i have them installed on my rears):
FCPeuro.com
tirerack.com
genuinesaab.com
+1 Akebono Ultra Premium Euro pads. I swear by them on my ARC with the optional 17 inch pkg they had on the first ARC's that were shipped to the US back in 2004. My car has actual Aero Rotors and Calipers, and the 15 spoke 17 inch rims. Nobody on here likes these rims, I love them. They're the ones SAAB used in all their advertising for the (accessory body kit) or (catalog body kit) in the daler brochures. I only love them since my Akebono's though, now I don't have to clean 15 individual spokes every 2 days due to brake dust. Lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the update

This is exactly what wheels I have on my car and YES, I have to clean mine every other day.
I will buy those pads you mentioned.
Karl;ol;

·
Registered
581 Posts
Why ceramic pads....they need worked hard to be at their best and in cold conditions actually offer less performance than regular pads.
Saabs aren't light cars either so the ceramic pads may not last that long...good quality metallic low dust pads will be a better option for road use and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Why ceramic pads....they need worked hard to be at their best and in cold conditions actually offer less performance than regular pads.
Saabs aren't light cars either so the ceramic pads may not last that long...good quality metallic low dust pads will be a better option for road use and a lot cheaper.
Not saying you're wrong, but Akebono's aren't some cheap ebay ceramic knockoffs. Akebono pioneered the ceramic industry geared toward European cars. My car stops on a dime, maybe the weather in Ireland isn't good for ceramics. Plus, i have slotted dimpled rotors, this probably helps greatly too. I forgot to say I've been through 2 winters with them and i haven't noticed any less stopping power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts