SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 90-3 needs a different centre console. I'm used to resting my elbows on both sides, door and console, but my S model has no high padded centre console armrest.
Is there anything from other models that would fit which would give me an armrest in the middle?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a mill' mate, there's an option for me, good tip. I'll enquire about them (though potential shipping costs could be scary!!! (to Australia).

·
Registered
80 Posts
No problem mate. There are two types. One is sliding (with storage), one is not.

The sliding one is taller. Do note that if you drive a manual, your elbow may hit the armrest when you shift to 2nd and 4th. May need to remember raise your arm when you shift lol For me I am perfectly ok with this

Few websites (maybe 3 or 5?) are selling this. You can search those on Google with “Saab 93 center armrest”. Just make sure not to mix up with the 93ss one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,381 Posts
The sliding armrest is the way to go. Major improvement. Never gets in the way IMO... either leave it back or slide it to where it works for you. Some of them seem to "index" and hold in a postition better than others when they slide, but you can easily mod it to slide less easily if you want it extended to somewhere specific and you want have it stay there.

FYI - they have a durability issue - I can post a photo and a couple ideas to give them longer life if you get one. I'm building my solution now after having gone through a few of them.

The Wood Company in that link above actually makes these. Anyone selling them buys from Wood AFAIK. (They also sell emergency brake boots to replace the factory "brushes" - another keeper!) . I don't know if their shipping is reasonable to you. This company also sells them but they charge more so the shipping would have to be a lot less for it to make sense: https://www.stateofnine.com/index.php/saab-interior/saab-armrests.html

I've seen these on Ebay too... might be same suppliers. But check there.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent tips Bob, very much appreciated. In the light of shipping costs (and sad state of the Aussie dollar) I might look at making one. I'll check out my local wreckers yard, see what they have that I could adapt. I do good fibreglassing, that may help in making a frame/support.
Cheers.

·
Registered
18,381 Posts
OK, good luck. I thought I might be able to sell you a repairable one I have here for a reasonable cost, but the freight cost alone is way more than you'd pay for a new one shipped from Italy. Not sure why it's so high, but clearly $200 usd in freight costs is going to make it a bad deal.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Much appreciated Bob, thanks. Yes, shipping from the US is really expensive. I'll see what I can find locally.
Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts