SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got k reg vert central locking packed up,(had been playing up) so i got a replacement but arrg no joy, is there any fuses/relay? hidden anywhere as there is nothing on the main board for it? can a live be bypassed to it, so i can prove it is working and which colour wire would i attach it to, this would hopefully prove i have a wiring problem and not a duff replacement/original unit.:confused:

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
the control unit suffers from dried joints. I had to do this job the other day. I first tried opening the control unit and re-soldering the joints (the ones which looked like they had dried out) I plugged it back in but it didn't work. What could have happened - without the case on the control unit it is possible to plug it in backwards and I think I may have broken it before I got a chance to see if the re-soldering had worked.

I had to get a new control unit in the end.

The control unit is attached to the top of the floor heater duct on the left side of the cabin behind the knee board. (same side as the bonnet release) If you put your head in the left foot well and look up you can see that the heating duct has gold coloured clips wrapping around - the central locking control unit is attached to the heating duct by these clips. You will probably have to remove the knee-board to get to it. You could try removing the screw securing the heating duct and pulling it down so you can get to the control unit.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Welllll. the Central locks suffer from several Layers of Failure.
first is a malfunction with the Conroller (under Passenger Knee Bolster),,,
then there is a problem with the Key lock switch.. Open the 3 wire connector under thehood and locatred justy in front of the door hinge. Using a test wire ground either of the 2 outer wires to the chassis (making a ground (black wire) either locks or unlocks the doors) No sucess here means either the Controller is Toast (A too rapid cycling of the locks (faster than 2 secs) WILL burn the thing out) OR the actuators have a problem.. often they are stuck fast due to age and dried grease/oils.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts