SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,my better half returned my car (9-5 2lts Auto 1998)the other day after borrowing it and guess what :evil: the central locking will not work from the key fob anymore,I can shut the drivers door and offside passengers door using the key itself,the other two dont function,the key fob still operates the boot release ok and the alarm (as I keep setting the Bl**dy thing off when using the key to open my door) but for some strange reason all 4 locks will not function with the key fob.....:eek: I can hear the relays chatter when trying the fob to open and close the doors but nothing happens...surely the operating levers in all doors cant have gone together?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and pushing me in the correct direction for a diagnosis.;)

Oh! "she who shall not be named", has now just sheepishly informed me that when using the car, she used the central locking button on the central console to close the doors, but she pushed Waaaaaay to hard and pushed the button nearly into the console itself??? need to stop those steroids of hers:lol:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
3.42am! We got us an imsomniac folks. ;)

If the missus has pressed too hard on the console central locking button then i suspect thats where the fault lies. It could be shorting out on the "off" position so that every time you press the fob button, the console button reverts to "open". That way you would hear the solenoids actuate but immediately click back to open.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zzzzzzzzzzz! Had a long lie in this morning Kermit :D

Seems a good point to start at,on it in a mo and ill get back to you all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope fraid that didnt work out, found the console central locking switch working fine as it will still operate one of the four doors, the key is only locking the drivers and another now :( oh! woe is me,if no more ideas from you guys,then its off to a local dealer for me ,money money money!:nono;

Oh! And im being the insomniac again!

·
Registered
904 Posts
You could pull the door panel off and pop off the wiring harness to the door lock that is not working. Either use a test light or a volt meter to see if you are getting power to the lock.

Have you tried pulling the fuse for the Twice module? Can't remember which one it is right now and i'm at work, so have nothing here.

It might require the use of a tech II to solve the problem if nothing else works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts