SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The central locking fuse on my 1996 9000 Anniversary keeps blowing - WMSS suggested it could be a dodgy lock motor or a faulty reversing light switch. I think it must be the latter because my reversing lights have stopped working and when I put the car into reverse the dash display shows that the tailgate is open (which it isn't!)

So, I need to find the reversing light switch - I can't find any indication how to get at it (or even where it is) in any manuals I've got, so could someone out there please point me in the right direction, please?

P.S. I'm not fliptopbin, I'm his dad, and I've still forgotten my login name :confused:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The symptom a few years ago with my wrecked and now disposed of 94cs was the front power window and sun roof stopped working because the fuse kept blowing. I kept a bag of fuses in the car to replace it until someone pointed out the fix to me. Replacing the reverse light switch at the 5 speed transmission did it.

Can't help you getting that part in the UK. In the US it is a few mouse clicks away, and cheap too at $17.90.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts