SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My central locking fuse blows every time I hit the trunk open button. It only blows when I hit the trunk button, does it from both key and door buttons. When the fuse is blown the power locks do not work. When the fuse is good the power locks work fine but as soon as you hit the trunk button it blows. I looked underneath the steering wheel to check the relay but there is no relay, the diagram has Boot Lid labeled as #13 but the are is vacant in the actual relay harness, there isn't even a place to put a relay. What should I be checking/looking for? Also my engine seems to be quite loud, I took it to a mechanic and he changed the serp belt tensioner and it continues to make the same noise. Car only has 101k.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If its a sedan check the wiring in the trunk lid (search here for details) It sounds like the wiring there is shorting out, simple fix.

Difficult to say about the noise, could be the timing chain but unlikely given your mileage and assuming your mechanic can tell the difference. Could still be a tensioner, there are 3 as well as the individual components such as the a/c, alternator, water pump and power steering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts