SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install a remote for the existing central locking system on my 1993 CSE.
A very simple aftermarket peice of kit.
However, it invloves locating the ECU.
Any idea where the CL ECU resides ?
Behind the passenger knee bolster under the glove box would be my 1st guess.

Yes ?
No ?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just decided to have a look into installing this peice of kit and have located the central locking ECU.

However, it appears that the loom has already been 'cut' into, it also looks reasonably original.
Given that there is the LED in the drivers side speaker grille and also a siren under the bonnet, it rather leads me to think that the car was originally fitted with such a system anyway.
No keys or fobs came with the car that are anything to do with any alarm system.
It also came with no handbooks
The siren has a keylock to turn on or off and is currently in the off position.
The red LED never illuminates.
I know the later 9000s had a two button remote system ( my wifes 95 and 97 both had one) but what system would have been originally installed into the 93 ?

I see little point in installing a cheap aftermarket kit if the system is already there and simply needs recommissioning.

Any pointers ?
I don't recall any previous 9000s I have had of this model year having remote locking to be honest.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm not sure when Saab started installing the alarm systems, but I do know that they didn't get keyless entry before the 1995 model year. My '94 has an alarm but no keyfob. The alarm activates when I lock the door with the key and after a minute or two the LED on the dash starts to blink every couple of seconds to indicate that the alarm is active.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thirsty

That sounds about right. I guess my LED isn't flashing as the system is turned off at the keylock on the siren. No key either.

Mmmmmm, will have to think about this. Do I hook in the nasty aftermarket jobbie or not ?
Think I will concentrate on picking the lock of the alarm 1st :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts