SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yes I took the center vent out and even though there was plenty of instructions of properly removing it on this forum, I still some how found a way to take it completely apart. ;oops:

So using the posts on this forum (Thanks kcrnmale!!) as reference I was able to build the unit back together and wrote a how-to with a lot more pictures.

Here is the link to the instructions and pictures. Hope you guys enjoy it cause I sure didn't!! ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeac/sets/72157623710714689/detail/

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I used...

Rubber bands rolled to a pencil.

It's really quite alarming when this thing "blows up" right in front of your eyes. I imagine it's like cutting the blue wire, instead of the yellow one when you're diffusing a bomb.
A million pieces suddenly lie shattered before you.

Brilliant! I was *not* looking forward to this (and anyway, who has six small screwdrivers?

Tip - I used twist ties (like those from the supermarket used to close plastic bags) instead of tie wraps to hold the louvres in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's really quite alarming when this thing "blows up" right in front of your eyes.
It was that sickening moment when I saw the vanes on the left had rotated by about 30 degrees and I remembered that the Haynes guide said something about the rebuilding being complicated, time-consuming and tedious.

In hindsight, I feel quite lucky those two tiny metal rods didn't fall somewhere where they would have been lost forever...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts