SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an AS3 prestige sound system with Harman Kardon sound. Unfortunately, the center speaker rattles and seems to be blown. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a different speaker to replace it with, rather than the very expensive stock one. Is there any aftermarket speaker I can buy that will not disrupt the regular levels of the sound system?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hello,

I have an AS3 prestige sound system with Harman Kardon sound. Unfortunately, the center speaker rattles and seems to be blown. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a different speaker to replace it with, rather than the very expensive stock one. Is there any aftermarket speaker I can buy that will not disrupt the regular levels of the sound system?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I blew my center speaker months ago and decided it was time to finally get a new one. Paid $25 total for a stock Harman Kardon center speaker off of eBay. Just keep your eyes open for them. I believe the guy I got mine from had another one for sale

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
It's most likely the surround is shot and not the speaker.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a replacement surround for this speaker (it is the same speaker as the left and right dash speakers, only the frame is different)

i re-did the surrounds on the subs in the back with a standard 6x9 kit. If anyone is able to find a replacement suround for the dash speakers it coudl save a lot of thse from the trash pile!

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's most likely the surround is shot and not the speaker.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a replacement surround for this speaker (it is the same speaker as the left and right dash speakers, only the frame is different)

i re-did the surrounds on the subs in the back with a standard 6x9 kit. If anyone is able to find a replacement suround for the dash speakers it coudl save a lot of thse from the trash pile!
Just wanted to bring this up: last week I found out the surround to my front center speaker was shot. At first, I put a tweeter in it's place but wasn't happy with the sound.

The center speaker is 2.5," I ended up buying a 3" Surround, cutting a section of the surround out to allow me to make it smaller, and gluing it into place. So far, so good. ;ol;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.