SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new 1987 900s, but one thing it is lacking is a center console and/or cupholders.

It would seem to me that a perfect place for something would be a console just infront of the shifter. There is some good unused real estate right there.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket items that work really well? What have other people done?

Steve

·
4,637 Posts
There's a very big centre console that just screws in right there. Best bet is to pick one up at a wrecker's yard...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a specific one in mind?

What car models are possibilities? I would love to go to the wrecker and see what I can find...

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
thepuma said:
What car models are possibilities?
Well there's this really great Swedish car that has a centre console that fits just right, and even looks OE!

Hmmm now what was the name? Got it - a Saab 900 :lol:

Only the earliest 900s didn't have the centre console that's forward of the gear lever. Saw one at a trackday last month. Someone has removed the console on your car for some reason, and not refitted it.

You'll find exactly what you need at a scrapyard. Remember to keep hold of the fasteners when you remove the parts.

If you take a pic of the interior of your car for us, then we'll be able to tell you which bits are needed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see

Is that where the "lower DIN" slot would be located? I saw that mentioned in other posts, but my car seems to have only one DIN slot. What else does that console provide?

Can anyone show me a picture of one?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I would post a pic but I dont have image resizing software and or camera batteries...the center concil goes from firewall to black plastic in front of shifter...

·
Registered
992 Posts
These are all from three differant 1988 900s. None are mine.

Don't get excited. This is a cup holer. It does not work as a cup holder. The angle is wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thank you, that really helps. Do you know of any photos anywhere of the Taurus cupholder mod?

Steve

·
Registered
992 Posts
Here's a pic of the dash. I've got my XM radio holster attached to the ash tray, but that's not working out to well...

Wow that looks very strange without the console. Really the only way that the cup holder mod would work is in the top din slot. Move your radio down to the bottom din slot.

This one will not work as the angle is too great and you can't get the cups in the holder. Even if you did they would spill out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts