SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 9-3 with the storage tray as shown in the first 2 attached pictures. I am interested in replacing it with the tray like Saab is now shipping in the 2005 models (the 3rd and 4th picture). I know I can buy one online or from a dealer, but I was thinking.... Is there anyone out there with a 2005 9-3 who wants to swap the tray with me?

Please let me know via this forum or via a PM.

- iLya.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I personally prefer the ash tray version. Looks a little more integrated than the shelf. Each to their own.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Dave N said:
I personally prefer the ash tray version. Looks a little more integrated than the shelf. Each to their own.
I completely agree. I think the shelf, although perhaps more useful looks totally low-rent. The curved bottom of the ash tray terminates the center console nicely and hides the storage space underneath nicely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, the shelf I have now looks better in place. However, It's completely useless. And, when I need to use the cigarette lighter (for powering of something), the space underneath becomes unusable. That's why I am looking for "new" shelf.

·
Registered
42 Posts
isutin said:
I agree, the shelf I have now looks better in place. However, It's completely useless. And, when I need to use the cigarette lighter (for powering of something), the space underneath becomes unusable. That's why I am looking for "new" shelf.
Don't you have a lighter (it's actually only a plug) in the central arm rest? Or is that only for certain trim levels?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
isutin said:
I keep my sunglasses, work ID (in a retractible holder thing) and parking card there. With the rubber, it never slides, and although I rarely open the ashtray (usually by accidentally hitting it), it doesn't interefere at all. Works well for me...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I myself replaced the ashtray version with the shelf as I was looking for functionality rather than looks.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts