SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Center Console Outlet stopped working after my battery died. I had the car towed to the dealer, he put in a new battery, turned of my DRL's, but I noticed that my Sirius would not work. Checked the fuse and that is fine. Could this be a Tech II setting? Thanks for any help...I'm paying for the sirius and would lobve to get it working.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Are you talking about the 12V outlet?

Have you tried the outlet in the back to see if it's working?
More info...

·
Registered
437 Posts
slowly twist and wiggle the plug around inside the 12v socket. sometimes you have to plug in at an angle that is not parallel to the sockets center axis.
this can be a problem on many autos with the sirius plug.
same thing happens on my 20079-3 and 2007 honda pilot.
it will work if you are patient.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
You need to figure out if the problem is the 12V outlet or the Sirius plug. Do you have anything else you could plug into the 12V outlet to see if it's supplying power, like a cell phone charger?

If it's not I'd check the fuse (see the owner's manual for the exact location, it's in the fusebox at the driver's side end of the dash) If it is then your Sirius power plug might be bad.

·
Registered
437 Posts
brianl703 said:
You need to figure out if the problem is the 12V outlet or the Sirius plug. Do you have anything else you could plug into the 12V outlet to see if it's supplying power, like a cell phone charger?

If it's not I'd check the fuse (see the owner's manual for the exact location, it's in the fusebox at the driver's side end of the dash) If it is then your Sirius power plug might be bad.
That is exactly how I figured out it was the slightly odd size of the sirius plug.
I plugged my cell phone in and it worked right away.

see my previous posting to this thread.
but in addition many of these plugs have a nose that can screw in and out slightly to adjust the depth. incase there are connection issues.

·
Registered
253 Posts
A voltmeter is useful here too... red all the way to the bottom center of the socket, black to the tabs on the sidewalls of the socket.... vehicle power on.. do you have 12V or nothing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts