1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Taken from Tech.Help section in drop down menus :

Ashtray

To remove

1. Pull out the ashtray.
2. Carefully lever out, with for example a screwdriver, the left-hand ashtray locking clip a few millimetres.

3. Carefully pull out the left hand side of the ashtray so that the locking clip disengages.
4. Twist the whole ashtray to the left so that the right-hand clip disengages.
5. Pull the ashtray straight out and disconnect the cigarette lighter and lighting connections.

To fit

1. Reconnect the cigarette lighter and lighting connections.
2. Push the ashtray straight in to its fitting.

3. Check that the locking clips engage on both sides.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
for some reason geniun saab never works on my PC. What are you replacing the ashtray with, i'm curretly using mine as a coin tray

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
digart said:
not true... try the center armrest... :cheesy:
its a little big, plus its hard to look in the center armrest while you are pulling up to a toll booth. not that you should be looking for money as you drive anyway...:nono;

:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
As an 07 owner (with a shelf) I went the other way.. bought a used ashtray as I did not consider the armrest coin slots to be very practical.

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in the center armrest for the MY04 Arc is a rubber coin slot... right next to the AUX input. I use mine for quarters.

·
Registered
253 Posts
robhurlburt said:
:confused: coin slots? Myabe I'm missing something, where are they?
front inside wall of the under-armrest section... thing that looks like a small accordian... (to the side of the 12V plug) you can slip ~15 coins into the space between the fins.

Personally I'd give it a D- on the ergonomics scale. But yes, they can claim they have it.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
My coin holder is a little on the loose side. Quarters are always flying out of it. Maybe I should drive slower?:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts