SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swear i'm a cop magnet now :roll: i got pulled over tonight and the officer informed me that my middle brake light was out (dang louvers didn't hide it well enough :lol: ), and i'm thinkin i need to get it fixed SOON... could it be as simple as one of the bulbs is blown and that means all of them in the hatch don't work? cuz the 2 running lights work, though the one on the right side was iffy there for a while :confused: or could it be frayed wiring? and if so, how bad of a job is it to replace?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Even if one bulb is out the others should work. I guess it's possible that all of them could have gone over time 'though.

My first look would have been wiring but you could always remove the whole assembly and never have to worry about the cops again!

·
4,637 Posts
Consider removing the light cluster lenses and bulbs and then bending the bulb contacts forward to improve the contact pressure. You can get at them by moving the carpet inside the trunk.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm... i may have to try that... it's strange though, because it'll work on occasion :confused: much like my dash lights... speaking of, those buggers don't like to stay on either! i took them out, cleaned the contacts, put dielectric grease on the contacts, and put em back in nice and tight, they worked great... for a day... now they don't come on anymore unless i hold pressure on the clear plastic part of the gauge cluster! :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts