SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received the interior colored Saab Cell Phone mount that is available in the Saab accessories catalog. My intent is to use the mount in order to attach an ipod mount. The mount in question is the Arkon CM 160-W: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90146831&loc=111&sp=1, the only one I could find in white, and is actually meant for a HVAC vent installation. I won't be using the vent part, but attaching the flat back to the front of the Saab cell phone mount.

I know others have done this, and I'm not breaking any new ground here, but I wanted to know if others who have blazed this trail before me could answer the following questions:

1. Did you have to drill the small hole for the saab cell phone mount piece as they recommend in the instructions? There is a sticky pad used to affix the piece in place, but I'm not sure if you need to go all the way and drill through the plastic. Not a huge deal to do, but if I can prevent drilling a hole in a noticable piece of my interior, it would be nice to do so.

2. How did you affix the ipod mount to the saab cell phone holder? I'm thinking the best way to do it is to affix with 4 small screws, but would think this could possible scratch the back of the ipod once in place in the holder. Velcro? I'd like it to be as secure as possible, and don't think velcro would hold as well as needed. Possibly with a couple of small cable ties and a drilled hole in the saab cell phone holder?

3. If you used the Bin Car Charger with the audio plug at the charger (which is nice, as you can put this right in the center console by the 12 V output and the Aux Input), were you able to run the charging cable along the same path as the aux input cable took to the back of the EHU?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, not a whole lot of responses....

Let me ask just one question then - Has anyone attached a cell phone/iPod holder to the Saab phone mount? I'm wondering if this needs to be affixed via a glue, etc, or can the saab phone mount accept a couple of small screws? The phone mount is hard plastic, and I'm not sure how it would hold up to drilling.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
SCSaab said:
OK, not a whole lot of responses....

Let me ask just one question then - Has anyone attached a cell phone/iPod holder to the Saab phone mount? I'm wondering if this needs to be affixed via a glue, etc, or can the saab phone mount accept a couple of small screws? The phone mount is hard plastic, and I'm not sure how it would hold up to drilling.

Thanks!!
I have to drill hole so that the phone console is tightly screwed/mounted on the mounting plate which is doubleside-taped onto the side console

I also uses doubleside-tape to attach the holder onto the phone console.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zen, Thanks for the response...

The double sided tape seems to secure the holder on the mount reliably?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts