SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so as you may know we've got a 96 ng900 2.3l. Which I believe is obd1 and has the motronic running in it.

While I was overseas the missus told me the CEL light came on (shes been driving around with it anyway)

so fastforward to now and I try and use munki's method for getting it to flash but why is it that it refuses to flash??

Although I suspect the wire I am using might be useless (it was off a cellphoen charger lol) but I've tried sticking a pin into it and grounding it against the screw holding the dock in place.

i've also tried putting a pin attatched to a wire in then grounded it on the body. I even scratched the body paint off one part to get good ground. But nada. Nothing. Light just stays steady.

Although I might have found the culprit, I had to replace a hose a while back as it was brittle and cracked then threw a cel and after investigating I found that the hose next to that one has cracked as well. So I'm fairly sure thats my only problem now. But why no flash????

Also Im fairly sure i need to change the oil as its been a year and 1000kms after. What spark plugs do you guys suggest? its like I can feel it bogging a bit so I may as well get the plugs out of the way when I do the oil.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull code

then clear if possible

but another member on here tried to plug their obd2 reader on mine and it didnt read :(

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was sometime last year I connected the reader though. And the CEL was on before that.

just wondering as to why the wire in plug 6 grounded against the body wont work :eek:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so i realized another member emailed this to me a while back...

Ive read it over and over again but I still cant get it to flash lol. can you try adn decipher it?

I get i'm supposed to connect pin 7 to 16. but I dont get the push button that connects plug 6 to 4? two wires?

can I just use two separate hair ties lol and also what order do i do it? cause on munkis blog it says tap the wire into pin 6 before going at it then ignition on then ground. How do I go about it with this one then?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok first off, thanks to martin. Secondly,

I got it to work. It gave me code 12. Which means no error??? why give a cel in the first place? after I removed it I started the car and the cel was off. however i turned it on again after and the cel came back on which is no surprise. but why no error??

also how do i turn it off? could it basically be because of one of the hoses i have that have detached from the throttle body? its brittle so i suspect air escapes through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts