SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new/used '01 Viggen. First fill-up was premium fuel, less than 200 miles since it left dealer. CEL came on at idle, freeze frame shows 915RPM and fuel system2 fault. I did a quick check of hoses, etc and didn't see anything.

Ideas?

Will this vehicle reset CEL after a certain number of drive cycles that tripped the code?

I've emailed the dealer - I'm sure he'll take care of it but I'd like to avoid the hassle of taking it back during an already hectic workweek and weekend....

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
P0455 = "Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)"

Even a loose filler cap will give you that fault, but I would still have it checked out, in case there is an actual crack ina line somewhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PMI said:
P0455 = "Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)"

Even a loose filler cap will give you that fault, but I would still have it checked out, in case there is an actual crack ina line somewhere.
Thanks for the reply. I've read some post about a gas cap recall and/or lubricating the gasket on the cap with silicone grease. My cap looks to be 'not original'.

I was talking to my Snap-on guy one day about all of the possible combinations for a CEL - close to a billion given all the information flowing through an OBD2 vehicle.

I also have a LR Discovery II, and a Suburban. The D2 is the reason I own a code reader:D After almost 70K miles I've still yet to have a CEL (or any repair) on the Suburban. Kinda boring though....

·
Banned
631 Posts
I had the same code flashed on my saab. dealer replaced faulty gas cap free of charge.

code came on again was in their today, they did an evap leak test (smoke) and found out it was a return valve (to the left of my tank) and it was defective. $30 part 2 hours labour. have to drop the gas tank a bit.

If the problem consists after the gas cap. Have a leak test performed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts