SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the saab can hold 6 CDs. Well 70 to 80 songs dont cut it for me. I like it small and sweet. I guess I dont like Mini Record players hehe.

How do I Plug in a Mp3 player that can hold 12,000 worth of songs. I dont mind rewiring.

Please forget the headphone plug to Tape deck. I did that in Texas back to california. I use a tape to headphones and use a laptop that had 250gb worth of songs. Tape deck dont sound good. It could of been the saturn stereo system.

Is there something like the CD box in the back of the car that can be change to mp3 players or a hard drive. Where it can trick the saab stero into thinking it a cd player.

Before you go why you need so many songs. Well Cell phones don't work in my area. Even Direct TV dont work 20% of the time and the old AM/PM radios. Sorry I dont like listing to 5 ads per 1 song. Also I rather download songs I like then listen to the songs I hate.

1 Before you go laptops can't have 250gb of hard drive space. Look at the Alienware area 51 5550i with a 320gb hard drive. 15.4 inch laptop. Mine max out.

2 Before you go mp3 player can not be upgraded. It depends on the person skill and type of hardware. Flash drive player or ipods mp3 can not be upgraded but the older mp3 players use a 2.5 inch or 1.8 inch hard drives can be upgraded My brother Mp3 player was 80gb Now 160gb.

3 Before you go mp3 sound is bad. I use the high end mp3 Not low end. So it take more space and sounds better. So it requires high end hard drive space.

What I want to do is to make a switch or button so both Cd player and Mp3 player can play. Or Just have Mp3 players with not cd player.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It's possible to convert the CD changer cable into an aux in - there's plenty of advice on the forum (do a search for Aux In!)

Having said that - surely it would be much easier to just replace the standard Saab stereo with an aftermarket unit with aux in?

I've got a Kenwood MP3 deck (I forget the model but its one of the 2007 models) with a 10 disc MP3 CD changer in the boot, wired to an MStation portable 'jukebox' - only has 40Gb at the moment but I will be upgrading soon...

·
Registered
412 Posts
its easier just to change the stock deck out...it will sound better too if u have after market speakers too....their cheap enough to get the one with the mp3 adapter

·
Registered
719 Posts
jbbcd said:
You'll get basic sound and NO clarity. For better sound you can go with an RF add on CD changer (plugs directly through antenna, wireless remote and display capabilities depending on cost). There are some better quality ones out there that will play MP3 burnt Cd's and come in 5 to 12 changer format (That's a lot of music). If your and audio file and want crisp tight highs... replace the head.

·
Registered
153 Posts
jbbcd said:
My XM radio uses FM, and the sound quality sucks. Emulated Low power fm transmitter does not have the signal quality of a real fm transmitter. Probably the Digital/Analog converters these devices have as well. For Atol and his musical likes, this would be a dismal return in quality of sound.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I was tryinhg to find a work around. So my money would go into my own company not into my car. Untel I start making money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts