SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my CD player hasn't been working for quite some time, it would play fine but it wouldn't eject and didn't light up anymore. Being tired of listening to the same CD for the last year I finally found one on eBay and bought it. Problem is, I put it in, it takes the CD in, plays it, but won't eject or light up. When you hit the eject button it doesn't even stop the music to try and eject it, EXACTLY the same as the old one. I'm going to try and swing by the dealer tomorrow but something tells me I'm going to have a hard time convincing them its NOT the CD player. Is it possible something is wrong in the computer?

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Could be an ICM problem. ICM is the thing with the radio and CD player control buttons.

This may be solvable just by re-adding the ICM and CD player to the bus. It could also just be a bad connection at the back of the ICM. There is almost certainly newer software available for a 2003 ICM and EHU. If you have a 6-disc changer and your SID does not show a line at the bottom showing which bays are loaded ("123456") then you are running older software. Saab dealers are not much into updating software, probably because swapping hardware pays better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just unhooked the battery for a while, still the same thing. Thanks for the info Ctrlz, I least I have some info to arm myself with at the dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts