SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ! i have a 93, 2001 saab, with 260k km, i think the cd player got old, and stops working, the radio works just fine, sometimes even reads de cd's, but rarely. Can it be fixed ? i dont want to install an aftermarket cd player, it will look badly. a pic here
error 02 apears on SID. thanx !

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My best guess at a first attempt fix would be to run a cleaning disc in it. Hopefully someone will be able to tell you what error code 2 means. (No in-dash CD player in the 900's)

·
Registered
465 Posts
jitsjaf2009

I had the same problem with my stock radio/cd/cassette with trunk mounted 6 disc changer in my 95 900SE Convert. I cleaned the trunk mounted unit and the connectors booth ends...and I don't have any problems since...I also double checked the grounding to the cd changer...
wish you luck...to me the original equipment sounds as good as most after market...and is ORIGINAL!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem with my stock radio/cd/cassette with trunk mounted 6 disc changer in my 95 900SE Convert. I cleaned the trunk mounted unit and the connectors booth ends...and I don't have any problems since...I also double checked the grounding to the cd changer...
wish you luck...to me the original equipment sounds as good as most after market...and is ORIGINAL!!
but what did you clean? the lens ? or what ?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
When I first started burning CDs, I would ocassionally get an Error 2. IIRC, this was because I overwrote the CD - put too much data on the CD.

But this problem comes down to plain old troubleshooting: If no CDs play in one car, but play in another car, it's a bad CD player and you replace the player. Just like with a bad direct injection cassette. There are no Saab procedures for cleaning and/or adjusting the CD player. Maybe if you take the unit apart, you will find some dust or dirt that's keeping it from working. Even better, maybe you'll find the manufacturer code and then do a Google search on repair procedures. Most likely, you'll find links to a few repair facilities that will charge you two or three times more than the replacement value just to look at it. If it was me, I would be looking for one one eBay... Ron

·
Registered
259 Posts
The CD changer on my 1996 900SE didn't work after a battery change.
I poked around on the internet, and (as I recall), found a recommended solution on saabnet dot com. It worked for me, and I do have it printed out somewhere. I'll check around and see if I really put it somewhere that I can put my hands on it in a few seconds!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts