SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,410 Posts
I need a new Spindle Motor for the 6 CD Changer fitted to my 9-3 Convertible Aero. The Changer is a Clarion PU-2426A and the Spindle Motor part number is SMA-196-100.
them and then dispatch it to me. Natually I will cover all cost plus extra
http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?C...tart=1&src_model_id=pu-2426A&action=list_part
I'm glad you got it sorted. How did you go about contacting Clarion?

I am impressed that you were able to locate the Clarion model number for the changer used in the Saab. Is that stamped on the unit, or did you use a cross-referencing source?

· Registered
6,410 Posts
That's great work!

I found in the past that the first signs of spindle motor failure are CD's skipping on the outer tracks. This is due to wear of the bearing and not electrical failure, which you seem to have experienced. The disc wobble is more extreme at the outer tracks when the bearing fails. Always ended up replacing the CD player as these were home units. So when my single CD players wore out, I upgraded to 5-disc changers. Now you can't even give CD changers away as everybody wants DVD changers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.