SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
legitmate cd changer question

I purchased my 93 from a wholesale dealer and the cd changer wasn't working. I always questioned myself if it was a faulty player or something with the radio/changer connection. I found out recently that the radio had been replaced by the dealer. My question is; Is it possible that the cd changer is still good? The changer takes and ejects discs fine but the radio or changer is not recognizing that there is in fact a disc at all. I'm getting a "No disc available" message when trying to swith inputs and no recognition from radio when putting a disc in changer. Is it possible for the changer not to be linked with the new/used radio unit?

Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
381 Posts
Do you mean the RADIO unit was replaced (to bit behind the ACC unit) or the ICM head unit (with the display & buttons on)?

If it is the ICM unit with the display and buttons, there is only one plug at the rear so it is unlikely to be the cause if the radio still works and it powers up.

The CD player connects to the rear of the tuner unit behind the ACC panel (ecu I think it is called). this bit isn't touched to replace the head unit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't belive the ICM was replaced, or least i would hope not considering the display has blank lines through it. I'm not completely clear as to what was replaced. The only reason i found out was that i met the person that did the service work. Let me tell you, it was not a highly regarded shop, but instead a small car audio store;oops: . I dont have the upmost confidence that they know a thing about SAAb's at all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I recently bought my '03 vector and it had the exact same issue with the changer. The amp in the trunk had recently been replaced and now the CD changer (head unit) is being "fixed" at the dealership's (where I bought it) expense. Thank god because it is supposedly costing them $1200 to fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts