SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Heres the deal...i have an 06 9-3SS... 13 speaker, amp 1 under the seat, amp 2 in the trunk.... Etc.... Ive already added a 1200w Hifonics monoblock pushing 2 12s in a ported box. I tapped into amp 1 and it sounds phenomenal! Its been about 6 months so far, and yes, eventually upgrading the speakers but i love it even though its "factory"... Mostly lol. I rarely listen to the radio, i have music apps and 3000 or so songs on my mini sd card. I have tried a few bluetooth adapters, even the ones that use the aux channel. Ive found the best connection is through the 3.5mm headphone jack on my phone...no hiss or distortion. I also use it for navigation and hands free calling. But since its not bluetooth i have to constantly plug and unplug my phone to have this functionality. Ive thought of getting an extra phone just so i could leave it connected, its a pain. So i was wondering....yes ive searched already ... About this idea. Since i dont use the cd changer could i remove it, install the fiber optic bypass connector to remove any error messages..... then install a Single din, motorized 7in touchscreen.... One with nav, bt, mini Sd slot, even backup camera functionality.... And instead of worrying about speakers, just output sound through the factory "aux". I wouldnt need an antenna because radio would still be through the factory stereo. So basically install a good aftermarket head/touchscreen unit to play through the factory unit via aux? Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts