SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got them on one or more of there vehicles?I just got done installing a 102" whip for my brat.still need about six feet of coaxaxial cable before i'll have a CB.the way the whip is mounted there still is 7 ft of whip above my brat.I dont have anypics.but its looks really cool.
Note: the brat is for exploring the woods,also its a subaru so im not allowed to show pics of it on this board:lol:;)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I use a VHF radio in the boat, similar. It can broadcast my gps position. The cell does it too. What's neat is an epirb.
I have a spare antenna that I carry just in case I loose the mast.

You need an antenna tie down and a flag.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I have an old Realistic unit, with a antenna splitter (goes into the factory radio antenna), and I have a real "normal" whip that clips on the trunklid (difficult with a hatch) that I use for long trips...

Channel 19 is what you want, the trucker channel... watch for smokey while I keep my front door open! my range on the splitter sucks but I prolly get a few miles on the biggie.

But if you're in the woods and these woods aren't near a major Interstate I dunno what you're going to get out of it.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
GearHead said:
the offroaders have CB's.some anyway.
We often use them on the trails for general communication, be it "Hey, watch out for the drop off the backside of this rock" or "When's lunch?" ...Or trying to find everyone else when you get seperated from the group ;oops:

I USED to have a Uniden pro500 in the Bronco before it got stolen. :evil: (Really, who steals a CB in the suburbs?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ubermich
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing