SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a first Hirsch, 01/02 with the 4 pot Brembo's, etc, see here for mine....

If yes, I need a new Cat and wondered if anyone has bought a new Cat. I would like to know if it will be a specific make or can I use a "standard" stainless system one in these. I presume that the stainless exhaust systems on the Hirsch's have stayed the same since they started fitting them.

I have been having awful misfiring and there is a tinny rattle coming from the front of the exhaust. A more experienced mate has just heard it and said it is 100% Cat that has gone.

I have just replaced the throttle body too and know this is now OK as I have been having serious acceleration problems for months. Probably this all along...:x

Anyway, looks like a need a new one, any idea on cost (scary I bet!)

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a first Hirsch, 01/02 with the 4 pot Brembo's, etc, see here for mine....

If yes, I need a new Cat and wondered if anyone has bought a new Cat. I would like to know if it will be a specific make or can I use a "standard" stainless system one in these. I presume that the stainless exhaust systems on the Hirsch's have stayed the same since they started fitting them.

I have been having awful misfiring and there is a tinny rattle coming from the front of the exhaust. A more experienced mate has just heard it and said it is 100% Cat that has gone.

I have just replaced the throttle body too and know this is now OK as I have been having serious acceleration problems for months. Probably this all along...:x

Anyway, looks like a need a new one, any idea on cost (scary I bet!)

Thanks
Steve
My Hirsch cat ( 06 model year) is just a smallish hi performance cat. You can probably buy any that will fit in the space, you just need to get one to fit the 2.75 inch pipe and has a samll body since where they are located it makes it tough to squeeze ons in there

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I checked prices with a couple of UK performance parts suppliers for SAAB cars. Price of a Cat only is around 330 for a 3-inch Cat, slightly less if your pipes are either 2-3/4 inches or 2-1/2 inches diameter.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peri, that made me laugh, thx! I cant use either of my two cats.

Thanks for your help, I will go out tomorrow an investigate sizes further, etc

I thought it might just be a standard sort of thing not Hirsch, etc.

Splendid!

Regards
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts