SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have cat-back system in their 9-5?
I used have a magnaflow cat-back system for my accord but it was a little too loud so I end up going back to OEM.
Do you guys have any recommendation for 9-5 cat back?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I had a JT one, 2.5 inch worked fine, a little loud and only lasted about 3 years, now have a full 3" stainless from Abbott Racing :cool:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah i just change my resonator and muffler a few weeks back and it sounds great it's not too loud either and the muffler i have on there has two tips got it from Lou's custom exhaust. paid like $260 for eveything.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree w/ Sector. I just got mine installed @ CTI a couple weeks ago and I am very happy with it. Like he said, no highway drone. It feels a little more responsive now. All in all it was a great decision.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Kappa619 said:
I agree w/ Sector. I just got mine installed @ CTI a couple weeks ago and I am very happy with it. Like he said, no highway drone. It feels a little more responsive now. All in all it was a great decision.
Glad you like it! I know I love mine! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So JT one's no good, and CTI basically is Magna Flow???

How hard is it to install?
Do you need a lot of space underneath the car to work on?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Mike's Machine said:
So JT one's no good, and CTI basically is Magna Flow???

How hard is it to install?
Do you need a lot of space underneath the car to work on?
JT's rust I hear, and CTI is magnaflow with mendrel bent piping.

Not hard at all.
Not really, I just jacked the front up and was able to get the whole exhaust on and off in less than an hour. (About in hour if you include jacking the car up and letting it down.)

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I've got a sport resonator and a Apexi N1 on the back and it sounds awesome. :cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts