SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first choice of cat-back was the remus (with rectangle outpipe) which is only sold in the states, at a good price in genuinesaab, but the carriage to uk is a killer, plus probably customs and excise charges at the port :nono;

Looking at the systems in the uk, there is the BSR and Jetex which use 2.5 inch pipes at around the same price.
Then there is the JT which uses a 3 inch pipe and is at cheaper price.

I dont want a combine harvester idle noise when i start up or at cruising speeds.
I do want quietish idle noise and cruise with growl on wot:)

Can anyone who has or has had the above exhausts give comments on the noise levels of these 3 systems.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Hmm, I'll try!

I had the 2.5" BSR cat back system, now I have a 3" full system (was BSR).

Ok the 2.5 had a very subtle rumble, not at all intrusive just sounded deeper and "better" ;)

The 3" is a different animal mainly as it included the 3" downpipe and race cat, so they add a lot of volume, I'm not sure how loud the cat back bit is but...........

the chap I bought the Stage 4 from had a custom stainless rear silencer put on as the original was (for him) way too loud :confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
JT 3"

Hi

I have the JT 3" full system with sports cat which came with the Maptun stage 3 on my 04 95 aero.

If you send me your email address, I will send you some photos and sound clip.

I actually wanted the Remus twin pipe (either side of wagon) but was going to cost bit more.

The JT at first appeared too loud but I am now used to it and I have to say that overall its a much better noise than a standard aero exhaust which is to quiet. It is quite boomy at certain speeds on motorway but overall I am happy.

regards
Chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
there are also milltek and magenx who make a cat back exhaust for the 9-5 tho i have never seen one on a car. i have used magnex in all my other cars and i cant fault it at all.

just my 2p worth

·
Registered
596 Posts
The 3" is a different animal mainly as it included the 3" downpipe and race cat, so they add a lot of volume, I'm not sure how loud the cat back bit is but...........

I am the same as Chris and my 18 yr old tuner son said "Dad, it's too loud!".

So I got a resonator put on and now it is great- low rumble at idle, nice controlled roar going up the rpms, screaming at PTTM.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes , thanks for all replys, and especially some of the soundfiles (highly appreciated) im just giving it a little more time before my buy:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts