SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been happily using my iPOD on my stereo, via the "Connecting an MP3 player to AS2 stereo" thread, after I made the mods. This morning I decided I would pop out the cassette tape, and give the cassette player a little "exercise" with a new tape.

Since it was dark that early this morning, I heard what I thought was the tape ejecting, but when I reached to get it, it was not there :eek: !!!

Also, the little door was closed where the tape goes in.. :evil:

As you can imagine, now it is in bad shape. The door is closed, the tape (I guess) is ejected up behind the door, so the door won't open except by force, and then it wedges the tape up behind it, so I can't move the tape down.

Any thoughts here? Even if I take the radio out of the dash, is there any access to the inner working of the tape player, or any way to remove the little door...or anything?

ugh...

It does beg the question, when designing the tape player, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would allow the door to physically close while a tape is in there? Hello, just mae the door long enough that it gets caught on the tape inside!!! :roll:

Help! (BTW, 9-5 Aero, '03)

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you remove the radio and open it up you will have access to remove the tape. If you remember when you did your mod to the radio you needed to remove the tape player to have access to some of the circuit boards. It should be rather easy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pab95 said:
If you remove the radio and open it up you will have access to remove the tape. If you remember when you did your mod to the radio you needed to remove the tape player to have access to some of the circuit boards. It should be rather easy.
Ahhh...you are right. I went back and checked the pics, and I could get to the tape! Thanks! :cheesy:

It begs the question that if I am going in there, do the "No-Tape needed mod" as well ??? We'll see...

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20061126.Saab_9-5_Line_Input/?i=20061126f.CD_cable.jpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts