SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I have the snazzy bumpers an the 6 panels. Then I thought I might as well get the wheel well arches. I found them new from a site (redo's obviously) and they are 120 euros not including shipping. So I'm gonna say thats at least $200 of my measly little dollars. So if i decide to sell everything i own to get these, what will I need to do to install them? I dont wanna custom make any more brackets, and I don't wanna "jury rig" them, what do I need to put them on (cut out old fender etc?)? And also, right now I have the standard 15/16 spoke rims on with the normal fenders, and they are tucked back in there enough as it is, I have the SPG rims, but I assume they're the same size, what kind of wheels do i need to fill the arches out nicely, without rubbing?

Thanks,
-Alex

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
nnamssorxela said:
ok, so I have the snazzy bumpers an the 6 panels. Then I thought I might as well get the wheel well arches. I found them new from a site (redo's obviously) and they are 120 euros not including shipping. So I'm gonna say thats at least $200 of my measly little dollars. So if i decide to sell everything i own to get these, what will I need to do to install them? I dont wanna custom make any more brackets, and I don't wanna "jury rig" them, what do I need to put them on (cut out old fender etc?)?
I think RM's got a real set on eBay right now...
nnamssorxela said:
And also, right now I have the standard 15/16 spoke rims on with the normal fenders, and they are tucked back in there enough as it is, I have the SPG rims, but I assume they're the same size, what kind of wheels do i need to fill the arches out nicely, without rubbing?
Something at least 6 or 7" wide, with some wide rubber.

Mine are 215 width tires on 7" wide rims. They are pretty much flush with the wheel arch.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its http://www.malbrad.co.uk/man, at the cost those ebay ones are going at, might as well get new ones for less...granted they are re-manufactured.

absolutely completely non-related, anyone ride or own or know anything about a 1989 honda NX250 dual sport dirt bike?

Thanks
-Alex

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Fiberglass ones that come with no mounting provisions are going to be a royal pain. I would stick with the stock original stuff. (scratch that... I DID stick with the stock original stuff)

I love the wide fender flares of the kit. It's something that often are lost, damaged, or not added along with the bumpers. There is a pic of the "accessory kit" in the '92 saab catalog I just picked up, it shows the f+r bumpers, 6 side panels, and wheel arches as three separate kits. And the pic they show is a car without arches... just looks wrong IMO.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but i'mmmm sooooo broke haha. I asked abt the bike b/c it gets like at least 70 miles per gallon and no parking tickets!! Where as my saab gets around 10 mpg, yet another problem I have to fix...
Is there a cheaper option? I mean over 100 for flares? i mean the original ones maybe, but for re-manufactured ones? it's crazzy!
-Alex

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Well, the good think is alex, wheel arches aren't something you NEED to install your side panels, paint your kit, etc. You can find them later and add them when they come along.

I paid $40 for mine. Right place, right time.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good point, maybe the louvers well draw peoples attention away...heh heh
Speaking about painting, what do you recomend for the stuff like the spoiler...i would like to color match it, but if I buy paint, I might as well respray car, at which point it might be more economical to get some shop to do it?, or i might invest in a sprayer...already have compressor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts