SaabCentral Forums banner

Carbon Fiber Parts, Testing the Waters...

12376 Views 108 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  Saabman900
Anyone interested in making it worth my time for Carbon Fiber parts? I can pretty much make anything you want if it's worth it, I no longer have a shop but if it's worth it I just might find the time and space.

Let me know what your wish list is and I will see if I can manage to fit it into my college and work schedule.

Also give me an idea of what you're willing to pay, please be reasonable, your parts will be molded and vacume bagged, rental space, supplies and most important "time" does not come cheap.
21 - 40 of 109 Posts

· Registered
716 Posts
A hood for the 2007+ 9-3 with louvers over the turbo area. Also dash and radio surround for same model/year(no nav). :D
Ah yes...take a peek at the last page of the PDF:

http://www.jlracing.net/downloads/saab_sale.pdf

Had the privilege of seeing it in the flesh yesterday. It's a stock hood, stripped of insulation, cut and with louvers riveted. All painted matte. Built for race car rather than showroom so there's some rough edges...but what raw beauty! I'd line up for CF version.

Now if we throw Brian's Stage 2 into the mix we'll be looking for the wing too :cool:.

· Registered
228 Posts
2003-2007 saab 9-3 2.0T is my model. I would pay for some carbon fiber:

1- Carbon Fiber Hood
2- Enigine Cover
3- Aero style lip kit (any parts)
4- Interior Dash parts

Anything really I would be interested in. I would also be willing to send you parts if you need to mold them.

· Registered
6,406 Posts
Would be nice but its china lol, if we could get a group buy going on that maybe Id be interested but once again... china lol
lol someone found them on an ebay like site.... but for manufacturs to sell to companys lol its quite funny im researching for it right now
here:http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/5332903/SAAB_9-3_Bonnet_Hood.html should start a thread on this for group buy ideas so we can get an idea of how many people want one because on the site the main site you can inquire on them so we would need a number of people

· Registered
228 Posts
lol someone found them on an ebay like site.... but for manufacturs to sell to companys lol its quite funny im researching for it right now
here:http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/5332903/SAAB_9-3_Bonnet_Hood.html should start a thread on this for group buy ideas so we can get an idea of how many people want one because on the site the main site you can inquire on them so we would need a number of people
I emailed them and they are on Chinese New Years till the 22nd so I will know more then. If it is in the 6-700 dollar or less area, I will consider it.

· Registered
1,449 Posts
How about a carbon fiber trunk and spoiler? And a dare I even mention a CF hood with hood scoops?

21 - 40 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.