SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in making it worth my time for Carbon Fiber parts? I can pretty much make anything you want if it's worth it, I no longer have a shop but if it's worth it I just might find the time and space.

Let me know what your wish list is and I will see if I can manage to fit it into my college and work schedule.

Also give me an idea of what you're willing to pay, please be reasonable, your parts will be molded and vacume bagged, rental space, supplies and most important "time" does not come cheap.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's exactly what I was looking to hear, I am going to get the ball rolling. I really need some support and motivation so if you guys really want this then speak up!!! I want to see a list here.....

I am a registered LLC and opening a merchant account, this will be legit.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I do not but as of right now, I have built engines, I can paint and I have manufactured motorcycle fairings in carbon and fiber glass. I am going to be manufacturing some parts soon so I will post pictures, anyone who is going to be posting past this message I may not respond right away today I have some stuff going on but I am very serious and would like to see a long list of what people want.

There will be more than just me working on this opperation but I will over see quality control, I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 and you will see these on my car and hopefully I will see the parts on yours too.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi everyone,

I live in the NE United States and I think I just might get snowed in, I am placing an order for the remainder of what I need so I can get started. I am going to produce a few pieces on my own with out asking for payment up front, I will take pictures as soon as I get it done.

I will be sure to keep you all up to date, you all can be the judges of my work.

I hear some of you want fiber glass, that's your call, I am good at whatever I do. I wanted to produce a structural layer of carbon to increase rigidity and use about two layers of Carbon 2x2 twill just for the look. These will be quality parts if I am putting my name on these, don't worry I don't mean that literally I hate stickers and logos but I will be having one made up and stickers printed.

I hope you all are looking forward to receiving these parts, it sounds like everyone would be pretty happy so I can say I will be just as happy doing this.

If you want to be one of the first in line to receive a finished product please PM me with order details and as soon as I receive my materials I will start working on it!

Again, I know I am repleating myself but please be sure to list your Year and Model.

As a side note in reply to the interior carbon fiber parts, to answer your question, yes absolutely... I will need details such as automatic or hopefully manual :) Navigation or not? Oh and for the brave, if I have the time I can fabricate the Radio Bezel to accomodate a double DIN. Again, I need to know who's interested so I can prioritize my time, I will be bringing on a few people to help me with the work.

PM with the details :)

Side Skirts, Black Portion of the Mirrors, Stock CF Hood.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
In response to everyone,

As you know in the North East US, we are covered in a few feet of snow so I wont be getting much done right now :( however, I am dealing with Gulf Fabrics and will be able to offer Carbon in different colors!

I am as excited as all of you to get this rolling asap, you can trust that my goal is to offer the highest quality CF at an affordable price. I would love to see everyone carrying CF that was manufactured by mem I would be amazed if this could come true so as of right now I want to thank all of you for your support.

I hope to shed more light on my progress sooner than later with a few finished pieces :)

Also if you are asking if I make a specific part in Carbon yes I most likely will and just want to know exactly what you will want, color, twill or type of fabric, painted or not, supply me with color codes if you want it painted.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Pacotaco

That definitely looks very sexy, I think I am going to have to get everything rolling asap. I will definitely have to get a trunk, hood and lip out there asap. I hope that doesn't disappoint anyone, again I am not the only one working on this so believe me I will be producing shortly :)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Just a small update, I will be setting things up this week and hopefully will be starting on manufacturing parts by next week, this will take me a little time to get things rolling but once it's been started I hope to have parts more readily available to you all. Please be patient I want things to come out right to meet your every expectation :)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Just an update,

I got my tools moved in, I am in the process of setting up shop. As you all know this will take a little time, I plan on putting out a few pieces. Once I start the work I will take pictures when it's all finished and probably along the way to document the work. I will be eventually working on getting a website together, I also plan on covering all model Saab's at least the ones that are in demand so if you ask, you will receive. Please be patient, once I put out a few products and post the pictures and have a few of the first buyers I want you all to post feedback on here because I am trying to build up trust.

After that point, I am going to ask for half up front and I will give you an exact estimate of how long it will take till you receive your new CF. Believe me I want you to have it asap so please again be patient, I will have a merchant account set up and I am registering an LLC. I hope to have every aspect of this covered. I look forward to updating you all soon again, stay tuned :)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Oh and just one more thing,

I will not be price gouging people but please keep this hush hush, I do want to get my name out there and I plan on offering the highest quality craftsmanship, this will be going on my car at some point too! :)

I am posting this in response to the " Hirsch carbon spoiler ", $700 is a bit rediculous, may be for a hood, please again be patient, I will be getting everything together and I will compose a final price list. I am just like all of you, wanting the best at a reasonable price...

I look forward to offering CF parts to all of you soon, I am just as excited, stay tuned....

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I am not going to burst anyones bubble, the first few pieces will obviously be limited supply. All my funding comes from me, I plan on releasing these few pieces in hopes of getting plenty of positive feedback from those who receive them first. I will be requesting half up front on an agreed price to start the work and final payment of course to receive it. I will take pictures of what you are receiving, my goal is to provide you with the highest quality to make you more than happy :) I am really looking forward to this, the easier it is for me to dedicate my time to this is the quicker it will come together but as I have said please be patient, I am trying to start this up with a few people and limited funds. I have all the right equipment and I am in the process of setting up shop, I am focused on getting a few pieces done and out to you. I am open to suggestions and I will tackle any project you want! Plans for CF Aero Lip for the 9-3, CF Trunk, CF Rear Lip, CF Side Skirts, just because I am listing the 9-3 doesn't mean that I will only be making parts for that car. I plan on manufacturing for every model so be prepared to clearly outline your expectations, think of it like your christmas wish list, believe me I will be checking it more than twice :)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
***Very Important for anyone placing an order***

Ok,

Here is what I am going to do, first off as the love of my life would say, "I'm Cheesin", definitely good to have an amazing girl in your life for some extra motivation.

Ok, ok, here is what needs to happen, if you are serious and want parts. You need to PM me with a detailed list of exactly what you want, if you have already done this please just copy what you've already sent, may be an edited version.

Please include any relevant information such as Type of Car, Year, Color Code if you want anything painted, Color of the Carbon you want and the types of parts.

I am listening to what everyone has to say. Now when you do that, I am going to make up invoice numbers and put a data base together with your info in it that way no mistakes are made and you get exactly what you want. Please attach pictures to be used as examples if you feel it is necessary.

I really am looking forward to this, each day is one step closer. I would like some feedback now, as for the trunk spoiler, do you want it to mount with 3M Adhesive tape or do you want it to be drilled with studs coming out of it, totally your call but I am going to need to know. Everyone is different so as an example that's what you need to include in your order, such details. I don't want there to be any surprises, I want you to be happy, all of you :)

As for the Aero Lip with Diffuser, yes I agree that is tits :) I will definitely be making those because I will surely have one myself :)

Rear Roof Spoiler, the pictures help me to know what you want so thank you, if you want to be more specific again this really is all custom carbon so if you leave out the details it makes it a bit more difficult, I will be molding these parts, some things make take longer. The more funding I receive the quicker the process, some of you have already approached me in regards to funding, I really appreciate that. I want to get a few pieces started and shipped to build a level of trust and convey what level of quality you receive so there are no doubts, if you ever have any issue for any reason please contact me. I want everything to be perfect.

So again, resend your order, once I receive it and enter in all the details, I will then send you an invoice number. This way when it gets started and if you have any questions I can pull up the status of it. Wondering what to include, most importantly who you are, name if you prefer to be contacted by email that's totally fine, you may list a contact number, shipping address can be supplied later that's up to you.

If there are any questions let me hear them :)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Front Grill 2003 9-3 Carbon Fiber

I am including a picture of the OEM Grill disassembled. I am considering charging a core fee until you ship me your black portion of the oem grill, you keep the chrome.

The Chrome portion I can make out of CF, your choice of color. I hope the core sounds reasonable because I plan on sending you a complete grill minus the saab logo which you can use off of yours unless you request no logo.

I am open to suggestion

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Believe me when I say I am on it, I have a small supply of Carbon and a larger order coming thru soon. I am in need of heat lamps rather than just using heat guns so I am ordering a few of those for the curing process.

I will be getting my molds together this coming week. I would like to stay hush hush about it and just drop it when I have it so don't think I am not here to stay.

It's a lot to organize and I am rather excited, again I will be putting out the first few pieces on my own funding to help get some feedback. I will be posting pictures as soon as I have them, I hope you all are still just as excited, I know everyone wants to see some results. Patience, Patience is one thing I don't have so believe me I understand and am on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.