SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok first i would like to say hello to everyone on this site. this is my first post here. anyways i bought a 88 saab 900 turbo 16 valve off of a freind of mine for a 100 bucks. i have a non turbo 97 eclipse and i wanted a car that i could play with and not worry to much about breaking so i jumped on the saab. anyways it had some minor issues that my freind who knows nothing about cars couldnt fix. now i am pretty handy with the tools so i got it. anyways i've been reading on this site for almost a week now learnin everything to know. problem is that i cant boost past 8 psi :x . so i changed all the vacuum lines and did a pretty basic tune up .... plugs wires oil trans fluid vacuum lines air filter. i got a boost gauge off a freind of mine for nothing and found the boost issue. so yesturday i decide to take out the intercooler pipes and clean em out. also inspect the bypass valve so i unhooked it all and inspected the connectors and pipes. everything looked ok some were loose tho. ok long story short i put it all together and get ready for one of my famous rides around the neighborhood and it wont start. it cranks and cranks but doesnt act at all like its gonna start. ok i did bump the wires and connectors on the dizzy but it all still looks fine. i tried to start it but then fournd out i unplugged the main cable from the coil. i was like cool hooked it back up but still no start. now i dont see any hoses unhooked and i smell gas when i try to start. i pulled the plugs and they were wet with gas so i dryed them off still no luck. also the black wire from the coil broke off the dizzy but i hoooked it back up. any ideas what this could be. sorry so long but please reply thanks

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Joey_ZaZa said:
i wanted a car that i could play with and not worry to much about breaking

Beautiful Irony! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ya irony doesnt get spark tho i'm gonna go try to start it up, because since i was trying to start it yesturday with out the coil plugged into the dizzy i think it was flooded. do i need to get new plugs because they were wet with gas?? i took em out and dryed them off. they are brand new

ok went outside and tried again still no fire. i smell gas and i know theres air so now i just need some spark how do i check the if the plugs are lighting.. obviously pull one out but does it have to be grounded on the car and then crank the engine??? i hope its not that stupid connector on the distributor cuz it did make a crunch sound but is still connected and the 3 wires seem tight. if thats the case is there any easy fix i've searched alot with limited results being that i need a whole new distributor. i'm limited on cash and there seems to be very few saabs in the local junk yards. thanks for any replies

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wooo hooo fixed my main problem!!! anyways i broker off the ground wire that hooks to the distributor. i just cut off the clamp and screwed it back on well if anyone ever has to do this make sure pull the clamp the goes around it and put the wire underneath that so it gets a better contact. wooo hoo i'm goin to see if i can boost higher now oooo and pics comming soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts