SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car refusing to start this morning ,engine is turning over and can also hear fuel pump priming itself. I suspect the di cart is gone as there is a distinct electrical burning smell coming from cartridge . Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?:roll:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same thing happened to me mate, and the good advice on here pointed me in the DI cassette direction.
Excact same symtoms as you, and after parting with £225 pounds on a sale or return if it didn't work, she fired up first time.

Steve

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
It will nor hurt to go to the dealer and ask about that extended warranty, that, I THINK , Saab had in effect a while back...

Five years(mileage ??,???) durability may have been good fifty years ago, but not today...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The worst part of the di cart failure is that this is the wifes car so meantime she is driving mine;oops: (bmw 530d touring ):cheesy:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
93TURBOSE said:
Ordered the new di cart yesterday from (£130 approx)so will hopefully be hearing engine again soon:p
SAAB has a recall for the DICs from years 2000+. You can take the car to them and replace the DIC for free, why did you buy one???? :confused: :cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car aint got a saab service history so doubt very much going to them would have helped ;) .Anyway money well spent cos car working fine now for a lot less than a service at saab:lol: .

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
That's a recall the history has nothing to do with that. It's a recall ie defect ;). It's your money too ;) You can always put back the old one and do the recall and get a spare or sell it on ebay ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts