SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that my 2003 95 is surging. It is like stepping on the gas for a moment and then letting off. This happened when in gear sitting parked at a light or backing up, or even while on the highway in cruise. It is happening more and more as time goes on. Has anyone had this happen and what did you do about it?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
How long since your last throttle body cleaning? Makes a difference.

Might have a vacuum leak somewhere too. Check vacuum lines.

Check turbo bypass valve - should hold vacuum at the small fitting, and allow air to pass between the two large fittings only when vacuum is applied at the small one.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hah. I've started getting these exact symptoms too over the past month or two. Last night on the highway I started to feel the surging/pulsing when maintaining speed for the first time. Otherwise it would only happen when the car was warming up, in gear, and stopped. I'm going to have to check all these suggested trouble spots.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Try this, it's worked for me. Buy some good quality, NO RESIDUE electronics/contact cleaner. Carefully take the black plascitc end cap off of the throttle body. Spray liberally.

My carbon traces somehow had deposits on them and would make the car surge and then go into limp mode. I tried this, and it never happened again.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ x2

Im gonna say it may be the wires in the throttle body also. Here is a thread that goes over this topic pretty well.

Thanks guy's for the help, I will check this out tomorrow to see what I come up with. I just read through all 8 pages and Im glad I finally got to the end, kinda like a novel with a good ending.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts