SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car vibrate when in reverse, could be I release the clutch too soon, or may be some other cause like replacing cluch, engine mounting or some other...

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Previous owner has swapped tripods from side to side due to wear.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Inner CV joints (tripods) wear and they will vibrate. When vibration is too high, owner usually swap them from left to right and vice versa. Now you do not have vibration when driving, but small vibration when reversing. Usually you do not reverse fast and vibration is much less.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CV joints is what in Swedish is call spindelare? Yes I am smooth with the throtle the vibration is much less. Is it urgent to change it, because I have many things to do before.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CV joints is what in Swedish is call spindelare? Yes I am smooth with the throtle the vibration is much less. Is it urgent to change it, because I have many things to do before.

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
Check your motor mounts.
Set E-brake, look for unusual motor movement when engaging the clutch a bit in gear; forward and reverse.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check your motor mounts.
Set E-brake, look for unusual motor movement when engaging the clutch a bit in gear; forward and reverse.
Which gear forward, 1st or it doesnt matter, I asume that we need two people for doing this, one checking the engine and one engaging the the gear, is this the procedure?

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
Pick a gear....Any gear...
I look through the windshield, it's not a subtle movement.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally engine mounts are ok. Probably will be bearings and the inner CV joints as Mimi wrotte in a previouse post. I know for sure that I have to change the left bearing because it sounds when turning left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts