SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cycle continues every time I try to drive the car. It’s a 2005 Saab 95 aero with 130k new spark plugs, cps sensor, fuel pump and filter. I’ve tried everything I know and still continue to have the same issue. I’ve checked relay operation and all is working correctly. Only thing I’ve noticed with that is the relay does get warm. I’ve also swapped it out for a new one same issue. Whenever the car dies the fuel pump will not prime but will pump when I try to start the car. Thanks in advance for any help. This has been a super big burden to me.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
When yous say "gets warm" what exactly do you mean? After starting and the RPM drops to 1000 or just under? After driving around for a while (engine at normal operating temperature) you shut it off, then it won't start again until the engine cools down a bit?
When you replaced the CPS did you remove the old O-ring before putting the new CPS in? If you didn't, there's too much of a gap and the CPS can't read properly. Also, was this an aftermarket CPS or an OEM Bosch CPS?
If I recall correctly, the pump won't always prime, just when it needs to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it gets the running temp is what I mean by warm. The rpm is just under 1000. And I did remove the old o ring with the cps. And the engine cuts out on me while I’m driving then I’m forced to wait till it decides to start back up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It
When yous say "gets warm" what exactly do you mean? After starting and the RPM drops to 1000 or just under? After driving around for a while (engine at normal operating temperature) you shut it off, then it won't start again until the engine cools down a bit?
When you replaced the CPS did you remove the old O-ring before putting the new CPS in? If you didn't, there's too much of a gap and the CPS can't read properly. Also, was this an aftermarket CPS or an OEM Bosch CPS?
If I recall correctly, the pump won't always prime, just when it needs to.
it was also a aftermarket CPS

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It

it was also a aftermarket CPS
Replace with a Bosch CPS. The CPS and DIC must be OEM or the car won't run the way it's supposed to.
What you're describing is a typical failure of the CPS and a regularly experienced symptom of a new aftermarket CPS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After further testing the brand new cps sensor went out. I will hopefully grab a few OEM onesfrom the junk yard and I should be set. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
You may need to find a way to borrow a DIC and see if it fires up and works. The DIC gets incredibly hot and it may be a point of failure until it cools down.
Is your DIC an actual SEM, or is it aftermarket? How old is it if it is an SEM as in Mileage on it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a OEM part. Data plate says it’s from 2011 and I’m guessing 60k but I was not the owner back then. @Nocturne would a 9-3 work on a 9-5 aero?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Its a OEM part. Data plate says it’s from 2011 and I’m guessing 60k but I was not the owner back then. @Nocturne would a 9-3 work on a 9-5 aero?
Only the black DIC will work with your car. So you have a sticker that shows TK 3.7 xx11? Or similar? 2011-2020 is 9 years and who knows how many Km's since as you said, you're not the original owner. The only other thing you can do is get the car connected to a Tech II to get to the root of the issue.
But with all things considered, it's not fuel (the car drives fine once it starts). It doesn't cough when you're cranking it. It cranks with no issues, RPM needle moves... It all sounds like very much like a dying DIC to me. When mine died, it just died completely (it was aftermarket) while I was driving. Would crank and crank but not start. Threw another DIC in and it fired right up.
Just something to look into outside of a Tech II session.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts