SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i've noticed that my car tends to run a little hot. After driving for maybe 20 minutes and then stopping at a stop light, the engine tends to run pretty hot. I know from my previous car to never trust the temp gauge, but its usually at about 3/4. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, there is something mounted on the top of the engine that seems to have a bolt mounted in it. It doesn't look lik its supposed to be there. Sorry I can't be more specific. If i had my digital camara, id take pics.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
JohnnyGrey said:
Lately i've noticed that my car tends to run a little hot. After driving for maybe 20 minutes and then stopping at a stop light, the engine tends to run pretty hot. I know from my previous car to never trust the temp gauge, but its usually at about 3/4. Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately having yet another thread on the subject just clogs up the search results. If you have a look through the 7 pages of results you get if you do a search on the word "overheating", there are plenty of suggestions. A couple of these have been in the last 24 hours as well. "Cooling system service" gives you 33 results which would be pretty clear too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand your point, but i sense a degree of sarcasm in your reply. I know how to search. Thx for the help!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It's not sarcasm that you're picking up in Jez's reply, it's frustration. There's a ton of hard-won knowledge stored in this Forum, and most problems (especially common ones like overheating) have been dealt with in numerous threads.

Just a few minutes' searching should give you some very good answers; if not, then by all means describe the problem in as much detail as you can, and throw it out to us:)

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
JohnnyGrey said:
I understand your point, but i sense a degree of sarcasm in your reply
Not intentional. Like ProfZ says, it gets pretty frustrating answering the same questions again and again because people just create a new post, even if sometimes there are other threads on the same subject on the same page. There are some very comprehensive threads in the archives that took a long time to create, so it does not make sense to ignore them completely and start a new one.

At the same time we have to bear in mind that many new members don't know how to search, so I will always try to put in a link and find some keywords that work. On many sites you would just get told "Do a search" or "RTFM". I was aiming to be a bit more constructive in my reply, although it did get edited to remove some general scratchiness a couple of times.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
[Gritted teeth]The Peugeot 206 is a perfectly good loan car[/gritted teeth].

Just a bit gutless compared to the XLPT. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts