SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys,
so my 9000CS turbo has a CEL that blinks 7 times- wrong air/fuel mixture. Ive also posted about the fact that it starts rough- struggles for a second to start, then rpms jump to 1300 or so, then settles out at 1000 and is fine until next start. now ive got another symptom. After i start it, i go up a slight incline to the stop sign at the main road (only about 50 feet) and it has been stalling out each time for the past couple days when i stop there. Only the first time i stop, then its fine untl the next day. Does this help diagnose the problem at all?
Im planning on cleaning out the throttle body, AMM, and maybe idle control valve. im sure none have been cleaned anytime in the past couple yrs or more. i have carb cleaner. Can somebody give me more details about how to clean these- is it just disconnect (or open up) and spray inside and then wipe off? Is there anything i need to avoid doing when cleaning? thanks:D

new symptom as of this morning: when i first started the car, i tried to rev it a little and warm it up so it wouldn't stall out at the stop sign (it didnt), but in neutral when i hit the gas, the RPMS fell down to like 650 and it struggled for a sec before popping up to where they were supposed to be. Sound like a vacuum leak?

·
Banned
637 Posts
AMM really doesn't need cleaning it self cleans.. Other bits could certainly benefit from a clean tho. Yer symptoms sound like a failing AMM .. But sometimes the pump gets erratic.. clean it's power connectors, and even clean the ECU's main Connector.. Bosch connectors are errr ...Lame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts