SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Saab 93 Aero is jumping when I hit full boost on it but only then. It runs fine otherwise. I have narrowed the problem down to the boost pressure solenoid. Can someone verify this for me that I am on the right track

·
Registered
498 Posts
My 2004 Saab 93 Aero is jumping when I hit full boost on it but only then. It runs fine otherwise. I have narrowed the problem down to the boost pressure solenoid. Can someone verify this for me that I am on the right track
I'd start at the coil packs first...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd start at the coil packs first...
I would think that if it were the coil packs that it would do it at a higher rpm rather than at full throttle low rpm. It only does it at Max boost.

If it were a coil pack how can you test them to see if one is failing?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would think that if it were the coil packs that it would do it at a higher rpm rather than at full throttle low rpm. It only does it at Max boost.

If it were a coil pack how can you test them to see if one is failing?
You can use a simple spark tester to check for spark, but I would think a coil pack would set off a MIL, or at least have a pending code stored. Check for codes if you can, just because the MIL isn't on doesn't mean there's no code present.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can use a simple spark tester to check for spark, but I would think a coil pack would set off a MIL, or at least have a pending code stored. Check for codes if you can, just because the MIL isn't on doesn't mean there's no code present.
Okay I will look for that. I don't think it is in the coils though. I have been reading some about the boost pressure control valve. It seems the problems alum having relate to that in some way. I'm not sure how to go about cleaning it though

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
It's high boost that is more apt to fail a coil pack, not high rpm.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Do you have an ECU tune? This will put extra load/pressure on the coils making them break down more quickly.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It won't throw a mil all the time. When my second coil went out the light never came on nor had a pending one either. Also when it does it at full boost is because it's almost like spark blow out its due to the coil output being weak. If you have the whitish yellow tops on your coils those are most likely factory ones the new ones are black...

Also check this video out... This is a sign of bad coils...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts