SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had my car out tonight. If I accelerate past 3000 rpm or so, I am fine. But if I try 5th under acceleration under 2300 rpm. It doesn’t want to go. If I am cruising and the shift light comes on it seems to be ok. Any thoughts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It either goes in perfectly smoothly or not at all, like the gate is blocked or I am missing the gear. Again only at rpm below 2300 or so. Above that and it is fine. There is no grinding

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Your First check should be the Condition of the Rubber in the coupling between the shifter rod and the selector shaft. Get it up on stands and look for the coupling where the shifter passes thru the firewall . It may not be your issue , buts its a sound starting point .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, whatever problem I was having, I am not having it anymore. Not sure if something loosened up with driving (The car sat with PO for three years, and I have been driving it a lot), or if I have just gotten used to the shift pattern (Which seems worn and a little sloppy), but I can hit 5th without a problem. I am going to look at the coupling anyway, just to see what the condition is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts