SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've had my car for about 6 months with minimal issues. (02, 9-3SE) however tonight I stopped for dinner and when I went out to drive home it wouldn't start. I crawled under it and had the girlfriend try and start it. I could hear the fuel pump run for about 1 or 2 seconds after she stopped trying to get it to fire. I was about to give up and call AAA for a tow and I tried it one last time. It started after a little hesitation. I drove it home and it seemed to run fine. When I parked it in the driveway I shut it off and let it sit for a couple minutes. I then tried it again and it started right up.

Any ideas of what could be going on? I've read a few posts about 02 sensors, DIC's, and also the CPS. But I'm looking for a place to start. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking it's the CPS. The car started fine this morning but wouldn't this afternoon. I noticed it did bog a couple of times while driving it. Now I'm stuck in a parking lot waiting for the tow truck. :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it was the CPS afterall. The car would start sometimes and not others. It seemed to be worse when it was hot. I replaced the CPS and haven't had an issue since... knock on wood.

I will say that my saab seems to start harder than any other vehicle I've owned. It seems like when it cranks it's not going to start but it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts