SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a saab 9-3 2.2TiD Vector 2004. I have lost the master key. I tried to start it with the spare but it turns over brielfy then cuts out. It has been standing for about 2 weeks. Each time it does actually start but cuts out after a few seconds. I have been told it may be the immob on the fuel pump? (not very car savvy).

Can anyone shed any light, ot have similar experiences.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
seanmiller said:
Hi

I have a saab 9-3 2.2TiD Vector 2004. I have lost the master key. I tried to start it with the spare but it turns over brielfy then cuts out. It has been standing for about 2 weeks. Each time it does actually start but cuts out after a few seconds. I have been told it may be the immob on the fuel pump? (not very car savvy).

Can anyone shed any light, ot have similar experiences.

Thanks

Yeah same think happened to me not too long ago..where the car would turn over but it wouldnt actually start..checked battery but that was fine..in the end it turned out that it was my fuel pump..im not sure where yours is..but my fuel pump is under my back seat, I had to replace the whole thing, I could not just buy a fuel pump and replace the old on(Large cannister surrounding fuel pump). This is just my opinion..I could be wrong but..if it is you fuel pump be ready to spend money to have it repaired.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
well about $700 and i didnt even go to the dealer. because it was like a 3hr job and the part itself is like $500 so my mechanic seeing that he knew I was a student only charged me $700 parts and labor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts