SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some guy who was probably drunk, makes a left right in front of me. He was going south and I was going north. I jammed on the brakes and tried to avoid him, but it happend too fast. No turn signal from the guy and he left his buddy bleeding on the sidewalk and fled the scene. I have to say that I am really saddened because this is the greatest car I ever owned. I will also say that I am extremely impressed with the safety of SAABs !!

If anyone has rebuilt their 9-5 after an accident, please let me know.

https://twitter.com/YoderReports/status/1130217373347340294

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,995 Posts
Ouch, Very sorry. Glad to hear you are ok and that's important.

Sadly, that is definitely not rebuildable.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch, Very sorry. Glad to hear you are ok and that's important.

Sadly, that is definitely not rebuildable.

Thanks,

Yes, I think it will be a total loss. I know that car inside and out and all the gremlins were subdued. I would like to find another one, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a shame. Good that you're ok though. Any chance of keeping it and slowly rebuild it?

I could buy a parts car; maybe one that has a bad engine. But I am not sure if that type of damage can be repaired. The oil cooler and radiator are toast, but I am more worried about any structural damage. The air bag also went off.

That is why I am asking if anyone has rebuilt with this type of damage.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I could buy a parts car; maybe one that has a bad engine. But I am not sure if that type of damage can be repaired. The oil cooler and radiator are toast, but I am more worried about any structural damage. The air bag also went off.

That is why I am asking if anyone has rebuilt with this type of damage.
Personally if you have another parts car I think it is rebuildable. You can have it put on a frame machine to check for straightness. But it might be cheaper to buy another one of the same style.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with toxic; if the frame is straight, it's definitely rebuildable.
Most of the parts needed can be found at pick n pull type wrecking yards.
The 06-09 body parts are a little harder to find but, are out there.
I actually have a front bumper shell in that fusion blue color from one of my projects.
With what needs replacing, you might even consider changing to an 02-05 front end.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with toxic; if the frame is straight, it's definitely rebuildable.
Most of the parts needed can be found at pick n pull type wrecking yards.
The 06-09 body parts are a little harder to find but, are out there.
I actually have a front bumper shell in that fusion blue color from one of my projects.
With what needs replacing, you might even consider changing to an 02-05 front end.

Would an 02-05 fit?

I was thinking of buying a parts car that either had damage on the back or is not running.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Would an 02-05 fit?

I was thinking of buying a parts car that either had damage on the back or is not running.
A while back someone posted a pic of an older front end on a newer 9-5. I think the car was for sale somewhere and someone here was asking questions on whether or not the car came that way. So my guess is yes.:cheesy:

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
It will fit, but you need change whole front inc fenders and hood etc.

You need change WHOLE airbag system including all wirings, because airbag box sends 35 volts to airbags (8 volts will deploy them) to ensure airbag deploy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have decided NOT to rebuild. The insurance company was more than fair with their offer amount.

I will be getting my very new tires off the car (I have an extra set of tires and rims).

Now, I am looking for another Saab wagon...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is my car if anyone wants to bid on the remains:

https://www.copart.com/lot/37199149

It has a new MAF, new DIC, the interior has no rips or tears (heated and ventilated), it has navigation.

I just changed the transmission fluid with correct AISIN fluid. The tranny was perfect and the engine ran great.

No leaks and no rattles. It says runs and drives, but the oil cooler is damaged and leaking as it the radiator.

Still looking for another wagon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts