SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has this thing called carchip, it plugs into your obd2 port and reads parameters of your engine. It read 19psi intake manifold pressure, is that equivalent to 19 pounds of boost? This is a stock 1997 cs LPT whats going on?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Basre said:
Seemingly it's Crap. Tell your 'friend' to throw it away :)
Seemingly its crap, but the data is only as good as the data the device receives from the ECU, which in this case the ECU gets from the MAP sensor. I bought it more with the intention of code reading and resetting, the datalogging was purely icing on the cake :cheesy:.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what does that mean to me if my sensor is reading 18 psi intake pressure? Is it that affecting anything like fuel trim?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
It could mean something, if the ECU is being told that the manifold pressure is that high, the ECU may in return retard the timing, or if the boost goes too high activate the fuel cutoff (I think these cars have fuel cutoffs). I suggest you try using the forums search function :cheesy: and try and find symptoms. Perhaps the terms "MAP sensor" will work. God I'm such a jackass. Did find this thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517&highlight=sensor
Those damn parts better be in tomorrow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts