SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 2 days ago, I accidentally left my key in the ignition in the off position (2006 Saab 93). They were in the ignition for roughly 20 hours. Right after the battery completely died(the lights went out the gear shifting box), i managed to poke a wire through the door and lift up the button that locks the front door. So the weird thing is, when I tried to start the car(obviously the battery is already dead) my check engine light keeps flashing on and off very very quickly and i can hear the tick tick tick of my car trying to start even when the key is in the off position. Oh, and I can't get it out of the ignition. I read in a bunch of places that it is unsafe to jump start the car. What should I do in this situation to not have to buy a new battery/screw my car up completely?

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
unhook the negative on the battery yet?

·
Registered
799 Posts
So 2 days ago, I accidentally left my key in the ignition in the off position (2006 Saab 93). They were in the ignition for roughly 20 hours. Right after the battery completely died(the lights went out the gear shifting box), i managed to poke a wire through the door and lift up the button that locks the front door. So the weird thing is, when I tried to start the car(obviously the battery is already dead) my check engine light keeps flashing on and off very very quickly and i can hear the tick tick tick of my car trying to start even when the key is in the off position. Oh, and I can't get it out of the ignition. I read in a bunch of places that it is unsafe to jump start the car. What should I do in this situation to not have to buy a new battery/screw my car up completely?
Take the battery off and bring it to Autozone, they have chargers there they might let you use. I would call ahead first to make sure. It is doubtful that the cells are ruined.

If they don't, any auto shop should have one and won't charge you much.

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
DON'T jump start..get the battery charged asap,the longer the battery is left in a discharged state the more damage is being done ergo new battery will be needed..To get the fob out of the ism ONLY hook up another battery so the car sees 12v..

·
Registered
531 Posts
You may have already triggered the security lockout...

A pity you didn't unhook the hoodlatch, disconnect the battery, recharge it, rather than messing with the lock system / alarm.

Do you have multiple keys?

Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
i missed this 1st time around,how did you lock the car with the fob in the ism..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way i locked it in the ism is my car was tweaking slightly already in a way that when i pressed the lock button on the key, only the passenger door and the back left door would lock. My drivers door and the right side wouldn't lock so I got into the habit of manually locking all my doors by hand. I locked all the doors by hand and got out of the car and didn't realize that I left the key in there until the next morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts