SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. i just got a new 9-3 aero. i am pretty unimpressed with the sound system that it came with (it isnt the stock its the bose one). is it a real pain in the *** to upgrade your head unit and speakers on a saab? Particulary 9-3 aeros? any input would be greatly apprecated. Thank You!:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh well i guess its better than nothing. i want a sound system in my saab that can compare to my other car which is a mercedes truck and that one has an amazing 610w harman kardon system. but is it pain to install subs and amps and all that in saabs? i have never done a car audio upgrade before so i have no idea :/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrong.
With 2007 onwards, you can happily remove the headunit and fit aftermarket without affecting too much in the car.
You will loose time to service data and ETA data from the sid, but that's it.
You will also loose the steering wheel controls, but I think there is now a can-bus adapter on the market to regain the volume and next/previous controls.

Quite a few of us have now gone aftermarket in 2007+ cars,
see :
Pioneer Navigation install 2007 9-3 Aero - pics
Finally...I have all the parts for the Pioneer Avic D3
Pioneer Avic D3 Installation - Photographs
Pioneer Avic F700bt installed in my 08 9-3SS
AVIC 900BT in 2007 SC with SW functions working
My 2007 Sportwagon Aftermarket Audio Install
Another Kenwood TV into a 2007 9-3 SS
ANOTHER KENWOOD MAKEOVER w/SWC
TurboX stereo. 2-Din Alpine\ Hertz

there are other threadds around too.
now am i going to have to deal with the speaker space that is already in the car, or can i put extra ones in it like in the trunk or something and also can i go somewhere and have some install this for me professionally? sorry for so many questions but will this void my warranty as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want to upgrade speakers as well. can i just bring my car to a store that specializes in this kind of stuff? will i have to deal with the space avaliable in the car? (cant cut new holes?) is it very expensive to do all of this? will it void my warranty with my dealer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.