SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pick someones brain and find some tricky answers. I'm looking to upgrade the audio in my 2002 saab 9-5 wagon. I have everything figured out except a few important details. I can't find a wiring harness anywhere so I need to cut the old one out and just hard wire the stereo to the car. I found a diagram labeling the wiring on the existing harness but my question is about a few of the wires. WHAT ARE THE "I-BUS" WIRES FOR?? there are two, a white and a gree one, the diagram says the "flow" in and out. I was going to just cap it and not worry about it but the diagram has a note that says: These pins are part of the vehicle communication network. Don't mess with these wires as doing so can cause problems, and perhaps damage, to many on-board computers!"

also, there are alot of steering wheel controls out there for my specific deck but any sugestions or comments on the "how to"? thanks for any help!! :)

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
GO to the performance and modificaiton section there is a post by stipud there full of info.

ALso in the FAQs section stickey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts