SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh this is so frusterating. A few days ago I approached my car, it was unlocked, got in and proceded to put the clutch in and turn it over.... nothing. Well I thought I may have left a light on or something so I thought nothing of it and took my other vehicle to work. Well the next morning I am armed with jumper cables and I decide to try it again..... It turns right over.:roll: So I go to work with it and when I am about to leave, the aftermarket key-less won`t work. So I manually unlock the car and the damn alarm goes off. Well this went on for about 20 mins of me trying to hit and hold every button on the keyless, try each door, look for a random valet switch anything! Well finally it turns over and I make it home. I get out of the car, hit the lock button and call it a night...Well this morning and alllll throughout the day I have been wrestling with the car because the alarm KEEPS going off and it wont turn over with the alarm going off... WHAT DO I DO??? I can`t keep driving the other car because its uninsured/un-plated and the saab just sits there beeping and crap. I also put a brand new battery in the remote thinking that might be it. I had a neighbor try and say its the chip inside the saab key but this is a 1995 900 se.. not a 04 9-3 with the new "super key fobs" When I bought the car all I got was one factory plain jane saab key and one after-market transponder. I called the after market company, thay said it was saab`s factory alarm, I called saab they said it was the after market systems fault...ugh... ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, you need to sure that it is either aftermarket or Saab's alarm fitted.
With SAAB alarm, you would have to lock and unlock the car remotely with the SAAB fob, so the problem goes away.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
More good advice from Hkayssi; Myself, I'd permanently disable the troublesome alarm and remote system.

First thing to check is the battery/charging system....

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
earthworm said:
More good advice from Hkayssi; Myself, I'd permanently disable the troublesome alarm and remote system.

First thing to check is the battery/charging system....
Thanks EW :cheesy:

I agree on disabling the alarm on older cars as many of the elctronics associated with the alarm system get flaky, old and cause problems. The last thing you need on a cold night is to start playing with the alarm system.

Besides, the best thing about owning an older car is that it's less likely to be stolen. It happens, but it's less likely. To deter thieve install a blinking LED light if you're worried about theft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts