SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh well after xmas its off to abbott racing to see giles got some reds that need to be programmed also the tdo4
He said he was gonna dyno it before i put them in then again afterwards!!
Not looking forward to having the ***** thrashed out of my baby any tips on keeping it in one piece
they reckon could be a minimum of 30hp increase so with it running on stage 1 at the moment hopefully should take it to 240-245ish:D
What does anyone reckon thats had this sort of set up????

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Whats your full spec now then Bazza :confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
Whats your full spec now then Bazza :confused:
At the moment its running on abbott stage 1 with open air filter
aero wheels brakes, Tdo4 but still the little greens

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
What exhaust? :confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
What exhaust? :confused:
good question ,i havent upgraded it yet but comparing it to my mates aero it looks the same
this has always confused me about this car everything about it is the same as the aero apart from the obvious bit but brakes, wheels, exaust bodykit etc :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I think a stock exhaust (even aero) will strangle it a bit. Abbotts Stage 2 the 240bhp one has a 3" cat back, and the next step a full 3" system.

Having said that hopefully they will map to your hardware, just means another map when you do the exhaust.

I'll guess at 225-230 bhp as is :confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
I think a stock exhaust (even aero) will strangle it a bit. Abbotts Stage 2 the 240bhp one has a 3" cat back, and the next step a full 3" system.

Having said that hopefully they will map to your hardware, just means another map when you do the exhaust.

I'll guess at 225-230 bhp as is :confused:[/QUOTE

Well soon as i get it done i shall post the results any tips to stop it blowing up on the dyno:eek:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
bazza69 said:
Well soon as i get it done i shall post the results any tips to stop it blowing up on the dyno:eek:
I've only ever done one dyno - basic checks done like oil level and temp.

If hardware is gonna fail, its gonna fail, but I'm sure it will be fine, its hardly like being on the road load wise, I mean there is no drag / wind resistance (from trying to pass through air at speed) for a start.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
I've only ever done one dyno - basic checks done like oil level and temp.

If hardware is gonna fail, its gonna fail, but I'm sure it will be fine, its hardly like being on the road load wise, I mean there is no drag (from trying to pass through air at speed) for a start.
Cheers chris fingers crossed:D

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts