SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 98 900 Turbo is making electronic chirping and clicking noises after turning ignition to On position. Simultaneously, there are red lights blinking on the console (next to heated seat buttons). I can't find these lights or sound references in the owners manual)

Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
See if the ACC fan is the source of some of the noises. It's the little unit next to that light. Pull the ACC control panel out first It's not held in by anything, pry with a thin blade covered in masking tape on the edges). Then carefully pry/pull the little grill off the fan. Also not held in by anything. The ACC fan removes from the rear. You'll see how it clips at the top and bottom when you take the grill off it. release the clips by prying with a screwdriver and pull it out the back. Unhook the connector.

Once it's out, blow clean with compressed air. Use a q-tip with alcohol to clean the blades and other areas. Lube the shaft with something light like WD-40. Should quiet it down.

FWIW, even if it's not making noise right now, it will sooner or later, so maybe clean it and eliminate it from the possible sources.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replying.

The noises are electrical. They sound like a combination of birds chirping and R2D2. They're coming from the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The ACC fan removes from the rear. You'll see how it clips at the top and bottom when you take the grill off it. release the clips by prying with a screwdriver and pull it out the back.
Perhaps ambiguous! The grille comes off rearward i.e. towards you if you’re in the car, but the fan unit removes forward, I.e. away from you, towards the front of the car.

Doug

·
Banned
3 Posts
I'd point my finger at the dimmers. Although I know nothing about ETC racks, I have seen may flickering/flashing dimmer packs, for many different reasons. The 'smarter' ones are often more prone to internal problems of this type.

One check to eliminate a data fault would be to set the (or any) desk up right next to the dimmers, on a short cable. Test the dimmers one at a time.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I'd point my finger at the dimmers. Although I know nothing about ETC racks, I have seen may flickering/flashing dimmer packs, for many different reasons. The 'smarter' ones are often more prone to internal problems of this type.

One check to eliminate a data fault would be to set the (or any) desk up right next to the dimmers, on a short cable. Test the dimmers one at a time.

Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

1 - 11 of 11 Posts